If You Love Music, Join
Click here for the PDF version of the brochure.
About the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra
• The La Porte County Symphony Orchestra is a part of the vibrant arts landscape of Northwest Indiana and serves the 110,000 residents of La Porte County and regions beyond.
• Now beginning its 47th season, LCSO is a cornerstone of the performing arts for the area. What began as a small community orchestra has developed into a highly visible semi-professional orchestra of 60 musicians serving audiences across seven counties.
• The orchestra season includes three symphonic subscription concerts: two pops and one classical.
• The season kicks off with Hoosier Star, a trademarked gala fundraiser and vocal competition, now in its 14th year.
• In addition to contracted summer concerts, LCSO partners with the Healthcare Foundation of La Porte for their annual Holiday at the
• The excellence of LCSO’s educational outreach is significant for the area and The Children’s Educational Concert has been recognized as one of the most successful such events in the nation by the American String Teacher’s Association and the National School Orchestra
Friends is All About Enjoying, Energizing and Encouraging!
Many of us love music, but for whatever reason we may not be music performers. Joining and supporting Friends of the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra is a wonderful way to express that love and help make it available for others.
Friends is a volunteer organization that actively supports the ongoing vitality and positive impact of the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra through volunteer engagement, public awareness and financial support.
2019-2020 Friends Events
September 10, 2019
Highlights of Hoosier Star
Overview of the 2019-20 Season
Le Cabernet, Blue Heron Inn
November 5, 2019
Meet the Maestro: Carolyn Watson
Preview of the Opening Concert
Patrick’s Grille, Michigan City
March 10, 2020
Meet the Maestro: Wilbur Lin
Preview of the Classic Concert
April 21, 2020
Meet the Maestro: Christopher Fashun
Preview of the Pops Concert
May 10, 2020
Selection of the new Maestro
Ala Carte Plans
July 14, 2020
Preview of the 2020-21 Season
La Porte County
102 G Street, P.O. Box 563
La Porte, IN 46350
Membership is open to anyone who loves music and is willing to volunteer or otherwise support the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra If that sounds like you, use the form below to join us or please call the LCSO office at (219-362-9020) for more information.
Dues are $15.00 a year or $25 for a couple, payable in September. If you join after February 1, your dues are pro-rated at $7.50 per person or $10 per couple. Checks should be payable to LCSO.